Thatvideomag created the topic: Freelance Videographers Wanted: $1,500 Per Video
We’re always on the lookout for interesting and talented local creatives, professionals, entrepreneurs, and businesses. That Video Mag is looking for freelance videographers to create non-fiction, documentary, journalistic video pieces in Automotive, Beauty and Style, Business, Culture, Events, and Food. If you or someone you know is working on something great we will pay $1,500 for your videos.
Portfolio (YouTube or Vimeo)
Locations: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and San Francisco
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I still own the video?
Videos are produced exclusively for That Video Mag and may not be uploaded elsewhere. That Video Mag will retain full ownership outlined in your agreement.
What will That Video Mag do with the video?
We will publish and distribute the video to 300k to 1 million people on Facebook and Instagram. Premium members will earn an additional $.50/month for each new user they sign up for the life of that member. We provide you with a dashboard that allows you to view traffic generated, commissions earned, payments history, and graphic charts.
How much can I earn from distribution
We don't have a perfect way to estimate but as a general rule expect to convert 1% of the people reached in distribution.
Can I submit a web series?
Yes. Web series must consist of at least three episodes.
How do I get paid?
Payments are made on the last Friday of every month.
Does it cost me anything?
We are member supported. Video creators and users access the site for $9.99/month or $99/year. Compare:
• YouTube – Pays $2-$3 per 1,000 impressions and takes 45% in commission. YouTube accepts any channel for monetization after it crosses 10,000 views.
• Facebook Watch – Pays 55% of ad revenue. Videos must be at least three minutes long and be produced by people with 10,000 followers. Clips have to attract 30,000 views that last at least one minute over a two-month period.
• Vimeo – Shares 90% of the revenue. Membership is $240 per year.
• Netflix – Only accepts submissions through a licensed literary agent, or from a producer, attorney, manager, or entertainment executive with whom they have a preexisting relationship.
• HBO – Does not accept submissions directly; all submissions to HBO must go through an agent.
• Local publishers – Very few opportunities for local video creators.
How do I get started?
Create an account(only members can submit videos) and download the submission form below. You may submit as many videos as you like. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions, we are unable to respond to each one individually. Please allow 30 days for your submission to be received and reviewed. If at the end of 30 days you have not received a response, it is safe to assume that we are not interested in your story.
This message has an attachment file. Please log in or register to see it.
That Video Mag is a city-focused news and video magazine that helps people discover local culture and helps video creators make money. We are the first location-based media company that pays users for creating and sharing content.