If you've struggled to find high-paying video clients or earn a living as an independent video creator we have a solution. That Video Mag is a city-focused news and entertainment video magazine that helps people discover local culture and helps video creators make money.
We are looking for independent video creators with awesome video editing skills & a knack for telling visual stories in Automotive, Beauty & Style, Business, Culture, and Food. Video creators can make a whole lot more money by publishing their videos on That Video Mag than by releasing them through free ad-supported models. It works like this:
1) Sign up to submit a project and to receive a unique tracking id.
2) We distribute your video to 300K-1M people using your unique id.
3) Get paid $1,000-$5,000 per video and 15% in recurring commission for the lifetime of referred members.
How do I track my progress?
You can view traffic, commissions, and payments history from your dashboard.
Do I still own the video?
YouTube and Facebook are platforms. Platforms allow users to create and publish content. Publishers, on the other hand, have editorial judgment, present highly-curated content, and invest a lot of time in its creation. We are publishers and we retain full ownership.
May I submit a series?
Yes. Web series must consist of at least three episodes. Tip: Instead of creating one 30-minute video, break it up into three 10-minute segments.
How about live broadcasts?
Yes. In order to produce live content here's what you need:
• A video crew consisting of at least 1 on-air host, 2 cameras/operators, and 1 producer.
• Knowledge of live stream systems such as Wirecast, Vimeo, and Teradek.
• The ability to set up a basic network.
How do you select projects?
We use a scorecard to determine the projects that have the power to inspire, educate and mobilize audiences. Here are some of the things we look for:
• Production value – Cinematography (angle, framing, look, feel, detail), lighting, audio, editing, and music.
• Portfolio – How strong is the body of work? Are there projects that demonstrate an area of expertise?
• Story – Is the story, upbeat, inspiring, or informative? Does it trigger emotions?
How do I get paid?
Payments are sent via PayPal on the last Friday of the month.
What if I don't have any money to get started?
Partners may receive up to 50% in funding to cover production expenses.
Why should I use That Video Mag?
• YouTube – Pays $2-$3 per 1,000 impressions and takes 45% in commission.
• Facebook – 55% of its ad revenue. 10,000 followers and 30,000 1-minute views on videos that are at least 3 minutes long in the last 60 days are required to qualify.
• Vimeo – Shares 90% of the revenue and membership is $240 per year.
• Patreon – 5%-12% of all processed payments.
• Craigslist – Low paying one-off gigs.
• Creative agencies – High paying one-off gigs.
• Contests – Enter your production (for a fee) for a chance to win cash.
• Internet experts – Middlemen who make money from courses, workshops, and training videos on how to land high paying clients.
If you find better alternatives we would love to hear about it.
Are there any requirements?
• At least 2 years experience in video production, film-making, or video journalism.
• A professional camera and editing software.
• A YouTube or Vimeo portfolio showcasing your work.
• A PayPal account.
How do I get started?
Before sending us your ideas, be sure to explore our website to familiarize yourself with our content, style, and approach.
That Video Mag is a city-focused news and entertainment video magazine powered by local video creators and video journalists. We help people discover videos about local culture and help video creators make money.